Brands of Satranidazole in Kenya
No brand is registered in Kenya
SATRANIDAZOLE MODE OF ACTION
Satranidazole is nitro imidazoles which have broad spectrum cidal activity against Protozoa and some anaerobic bacteria. Its selective toxicity to anaerobic microbes involves 1. Drug enters the cell by diffusion, 2. Nitro group of drug is reduced by redox proteins present only in anaerobic organisms to reactive nitro radical which excerts cytotoxic action by damaging DNA and other critical biomolecules. 3.DNA helix destabilization &strand breakage has been observed.
- Amoebic Liver AbscessThis medicine is used for the treatment of amoebic liver abscess, which is an accumulation of the pus in the liver caused by Entamoeba histolytica.
- TrichomoniasisThis medicine is used for the treatment of trichomoniasis infection, which is a sexually transmitted disease caused by Trichomonas vaginalis. The symptoms are dominant in women and include painful urination, abnormal and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, etc.
- GiardiasisThis medicine is used for the treatment of Giardiasis, an infection of the small intestines caused by Giardia lamblia (the giardia parasite).
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
300mg 12hourly for 5 days
Giardiasis and Trichomoniasis:
600mg as a single dose
- Hypersensitivity to the drug
- Blood dyscrasias
SATRANIDAZOLE DRUG INTERACTIONS
Alcohol: It does not produce any disulfiram-like reaction with alcohol.
SATRANIDAZOLE ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Dry mouth
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions:
The PPB Department of Pharmacovigilance was set up with a vision to develop, implement and continuously upgrade an appropriate system for detecting, reporting and monitoring adverse drug reactions (ADRs) and other relevant problems with medicines in Kenya. The department strives to ensure the safety and efficacy of pharmaceutical products in Kenya.
Reporting suspected adverse reactions after authorisation of the medicinal product is important. It allows continued monitoring of the benefit/risk balance of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals/ Patients are encouraged to report any suspected adverse reactions via Pharmacovigilance Yellow Form, firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking below button:
Satranidazole price in Kenya
Satranidazole brands in Kenya
where to buy Satranidazole in Kenya
Satranidazole in Kenya
Clinical | Pharmacokinetic data
Pregnancy Category: Not Recommended
Routes of Administration: Oral
Bioavailability: Not Available
Protein Binding: Not Available
Metabolosim: Not Available
Onset of Action: N/A
Elimination Half life: Not Available
Excretion: Not Available
Legal Status | Dosage forms & Strengths
Prescription only Medicine (POM) , ℞-only
Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Control ) Act Schedule:
This Drug is not Subject to DDA drugs Act
Dosage Forms | Strengths:
- Singh, Prati Pal. “Satranidazole and My Pharmaceutical Research Odyssey: A Success Story.” Infectious Diseases and Your Health. Springer, Singapore, 2018. 3-12.
- Edwards, David I. “Reduction of nitroimidazoles in vitro and DNA damage.” Bioreduction in the Activation of Drugs; Alexander, P., Gielen, J., Sartorelli, AC, Eds (2013): 53.